Friday, November 04, 2005

Alternative entry

Hello again! Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, I am still unable to show you all photos from the year 2004, so I have been searching the files for some alternative photos, mostly taken in 2003.

Chris and I knew when we got together that the first few years might be tight (financially), so we decided to brush up on our furniture renovation skills.









This table had many many layers of paint, which we stripped one fine summer's day.









It was gruelling work, as you can see...!!




But it was worth it in the end, as we ended up with a lovely (free!) coffee table!


We rescued our current dining room suite from the tip (British for 'dump') but I won't bore you with all those photos!

I have just now discovered some photos on my digital camera which I forgot we even had!

Firstly, we took a trip to the Greek Island Thassos in July 2004. It was so lovely! Very hot though!


It was such an interesting island! Loads to see and do, and the majority of tourists were actually Greeks from the mainland! We went on a boat trip one day...

...and I caught my first ever fish! (Apart from the eel I caught off the coast of Dakar, which I wasn't allowed to keep!) They fried this fish for me and I had it for lunch!

We also went to a 'Greek night' and there was lots of food and drink and Greek dancing!!

I'll leave you all with a photo of our garden. This was taken in the summer. Right now, it looks more like a jungle wilderness! Anyway, its not very big, but its ours, and we take a lot of pride in it!

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

Amy -

I love, love, love your hair in these photos!!!