Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Day - Now and then

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it! It was yesterday, for those of you who didn't know that!

Our Thanksgiving this year was so different to last year! Last year we were all sat round my Aunt Jackie's big table with aunts and uncles, cousins, Grandma, Dad and us and it had just snowed that morning! Chris and I were so excited!

This year Chris went to work, I went to work and then we went to babysit for a friend and ate pizza and chocolate. Now, it was a lovely evening spent together, the baby (7 months old) didn't even wake up once! But it's such a contrast from last year!

However, we are celebrating with a small selection of friends, all English, none of whom have ever experienced Thanksgiving before, on Sunday. There will be a turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans casserole, yams with marshmallows, hot bread rolls and PUMPKIN PIE of course!!


This is the first pumpkin pie I've ever made. I had no idea it was so easy! Although I did get a couple cans of pumpkin from Mom, otherwise I would have had to make it from a real pumpkin and that could have been difficult! Anyway, I tried it out on the girls at work and none of them had upset tummies, so I guess I can safely serve it on Sunday!

No comments: